When I was growing up we had an odd tradition for Santa. We didn’t actually bake cookies to leave on Christmas Eve, we made a dessert called Cherry Yum-Yum. According to my parents, Santa liked the dessert better. Well, since becoming a mom myself I tend to do the traditional cookie route. Sometimes chocolate chip and other times it’s sugar cookies with my children’s creative decorating skills. I have missed my favorite dessert that I grew up with though, and this year I have decided to make it along with cookies.
3 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 sticks of butter
3/4 c. sugar
2 cans cherry pie filling
18 oz. pkg cream cheese, room temp
2 envelopes Dream Whip topping- will need cold milk and vanilla to prepare
1. Melt butter and mix in graham cracker crumbs.
2. Spread 1/2 crumb mixture into large dish, pat down evenly.
3. Mix Dream Whip according to package directions, whipping until stiff. Add cream cheese and sugar then whip until smooth.
4. Spread 1/2 Dream Whip mixture onto graham crackers.
5. Layer on all of cherry pie filling on top of Dream Whip mixture and spread evenly.
6. Spread the remaining Dream Whip mixture carefully on top of cherry pie filling.
7. Sprinkle the remaining graham crackers on top.
Chill for 2-3 hours and enjoy!!!!